Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sydney-First Days

Sitting in front of the Museum of Sydney, having a glass of wine from Nelson, New Zealand, and reading the new Tina Fey book (HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!).

At the Harbor (the Opera house is just to my left)

The Market!!



Cupcakes (the icing tastes different from the ones in LA)

It's so TINY

A whole lot of meatballs (I feel like this picture is my current photography skills showcased at its best! They look so delicious!)


Me and Food




Hello!

Sorry about the slow updating...I can online update as fast as the internet speed in Australia, which is SLOOOOOOW!
I keep forgetting to take my Nikon out with me, I guess I'm just not used to carrying such a big camera, but I'm working on it :).
These photos were taken in one of the first few days after arriving in Sydney, when I went to my internship location and but was told that my interview was rescheduled....so I walked around the harbor and the opera house for the rest of the day!
I was really excited to find out that I worked so close to the Opera house! The area I work at is called The Rocks, it is where the city of Sydney all started. I work off Argyle street, also home to a great Tapas place/Club called The Argyle. Every venue that serves alcohol in Australia are also required by the law to serve food, so every club/pub is also an restaurant.
Every weekend at The Rocks, there's a market that goes on Friday-Sunday. Fridays are mainly food and crafts and the rest are mainly clothes. I can never resist the juice stand there called Dare Juice, I must have got 5 juices from there in the 3 times I walked pass it!

The dress I wore in these pictures is an Elle Tahari dress I got from Ruelala.com for around $50. Great great bargain! I recommend Ruelala for more career oriented women, they have great business clothes for their sales and some great computer and traveling gadgets as well!

That's it for today, I have a couple more outfit posts in the process. Still working on my camera skills of course, gosh it's so hard to capture the moment!

Bye for now :)

Love,

Kiko

No comments:

Post a Comment