Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Winter Sun




Tank top from Urban1972 ; Leopard Belt from NastyGal; BDG High Waisted Cigarette Jeans from UO; USC colored handbag (Cardinal and Gold!) by Carlos Falchi; Tribal Tiki Ring from Modcloth; Pink Stone Ring from Sportsgirl.





Hello!

I've made a little change to the format of my blog! Instead of taking a paragraph to tell you where I got my things, I will list it under the last picture and spend some more time talking about why I've put these pieces in one outfit :)


So I woke up this Monday (day off! Yay!) and realized that it was sunny outside! After a week of cloudy and rainy weather, I was so happy to put on some nice clothes and explore the city some more. These pictures were taken on my balcony with the self-timer. My photographer friend tried to teach me how to blur the background and make the subject stand out via facebook chat and it worked! Just look at the picture with the rings' details! I couldn't really do the same effect with the full body shots because the balcony was not long enough for me to zoom on the way in on the camera and use the effect. But still the sunshine made the pictures look so glossy and pretty!


Here's the bad news, about two afters after I left the apartment, it started raining :(. I was walking around in my tank top in the freezing rain and that was not a great feeling. I should've known, it is winter after all.

I'm huge on colorful statement pieces and when I saw this USC colored Carlos Falchi bag on Gilt I just had to buy it. The yellow looks great under the sun and on a night out in the dark and I love the size of it! I can fit so much stuff inside! This is the bag I usually take with me when I want to carry my Nikon around to take pictures.

Because the bag is such a strong piece it would probably outshine any other color or bulky jewelry I add, I decided to go for subtle accessories: the leopard belt, mainly used to separate the blue and white; the two rings, just to give the outfit a little depth. My flats are also leopard printed to match the belt, but I think a pair of colorful sandals may also do the trick. I have the perfect pair of sandals that are unique and compliments the bag really well, but I left them in my studio in LA :(.

Now the tank top and the choice of a black bra. Lately there's been a growing trend of wearing "see-through" tops, may it be sheer cotton tops, sheer silk button downs, all-over lace tops or tops that are slashed in the middle. I would always where a nude bra with button downs (see previous posts) to get a more classy look, but when it comes to a sheer tank top like the one I was wearing, I see no reason to wear a nude bra because the edges of the bra would show through the side (the sides are cut very low) and wearing a black bra, in my opinion, turns a normal outfit into something that has a lot more attitude. The tank top itself is long enough to wear as a dress, so it was a bit of a work stuffing them into my form-fitting jeans, haha. I'm on the look out of getting a new white tank top, but this one is just so comfy!

If you're looking for more tips on how to wear sheer tops, I think Rumi from Fashion toast does it really well. Check her out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment