Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just a little animal





Hello!

Every piece in this outfit have been on the blog before! The silk shirt is a vintage from Etsy, belt is from Nastygal.com, jeans from UO, bag from the Cambridge Satchel Company. What I love about this outfit is the subtlety of the animal print and the fact that it goes with the red satchel, when usually these two strong elements may be a bit overpowering.

I might be a little late to catch up on the fashion trend, but lately I've been wearing this pair of high waisted jeans a lot. Partly because it's one of the 3 pairs of jeans I packed to Sydney with me, but mostly because I love the way it lifts up my legs. These jeans are not the most flattering so if you're not very comfortable showing your legs in a pair of skin-tight jeans, you may want to look for the perfect pair elsewhere.

Nude seems to be the color of the season, although it isn't great on everyone. Many of my really pale friends complain that they disappear in nude and that it's a color for tanned girls only. I disagree, I think when someone with pale skin wears nude, the outfit gains that extra clarity. So I do encourage everyone to wear nude! You can never go wrong with a nude button down! When in doubt, wear chunky jewelry to give the outfit a focus point.

The necklace says "Love Works", it's made out of the same material as a guitar pick and I got it at the Silverlake Jubilee a few days before I left LA. I love wearing slogan tees, slogan jewelry, but it's rare to find one with a message that I want to be associated with. Love Works is definitely one message I firmly believe in. I think it's a great piece that can turn an outfit from plain to edgy!

I'm thinking about putting up more night outfits, stay in tuned :)


Love,

Kiko

No comments:

Post a Comment